Professional practice: Alexandra Ghimisi Ghimisi is a Romanian born artist and began her art career in 2016 when she moved to the UK to pursue he passion for art. Ghimisi has a BA degree and is currently a tutor with Inspire culture where she tutors painting to adult learner. She actively contributed to the Nottingham art scene as a member of the National acrylic painters association and and a fellow of the Nottingham society of artists. Ghimisi makes her living by not only selling her own artwork but by tutoring, workshops and holding exhibitions dating back to 2019. Ghimisi strives to inspire others by by showcasing the power of dedication and passion and uses vivid colours within her own work that excite the imagination and allow viewers to explore their own experiences. One of the main things that I have taken away from research is the importance of having a stable income while being an artist. https://www.artiogallery.com/alexandra-ghimisi https://www.napa-uk.art/a...
Popular posts from this blog
FMP Project Proposal: Exploring the subconscious: For this project I wanted to explore themes of the subconscious and dreams, as well as lucid dreaming. I believe that dreams are an important part of everyones lives, including mine. I wanted to move away slightly from my previous project and the themes of the natural word while still incorporating the surreal elements that were being seen in my final cyanotypes. To do this I have decided to explore the subconscious, the subconscious influences our lives and actions in ways that we often do not realise or understand. I wish to delve into the mind, dreams and even showcase the act of taking control and becoming aware, in ways such as lucid dreaming. I have always been interested in the surreal and am especially drawn to surrealist artists such as Hannah Hoch and Leonora Carrington, with their works seemingly bridging the gap between dreams and reality. For primary research, I worry that this might be difficult for me as the m...
Artist research: Andy Goldsworthy Goldworthys piece 'Nettle stalks' which multiple nesttle stalks arranged together to create a sculpture. When looking at this piece I am instantly reminded of a spiders webb, the stalks seemed to be arranged at the end of a tree trunk as if blocking the viewer from going any farther. I believe that this sculpture seems almost hypnotising and the way in which the burst out from the middle of the image make it seem like an explosion. I like the contrast between the darker tree trunk in the background and the lighter beige colour of the nettle stalks and I think that this helps the stalks to stand out even more. Andy Goldsworthys piece split oak wood features two felled trees with smaller branches strewn around the area, the image is colourful and there there is a clear contrast between the bold green of the grass and leaves and the and grey tones of the mud and bark. When looking at this piece I believe that the shape that the two trees make i...
Comments
Post a Comment